Dunn Peak Provincial Park
Dunn Peak park stretches from the North Thompson River in the west to the bottom of Harper Creek in the east. This protected area has considerable areas of undisturbed old-growth forest, as well as many lakes.
As a large wilderness area, it is noted for its wildlife, outstanding outdoor recreation opportunities and spectacular mountain scenery.
The landscape is punctuated by many snow-capped mountain peaks and hikers should be aware that mountain weather is unpredictable and snow year-round is common in Dunn Peak.
Highlights of Dunn Peak
- Climbers will enjoy the many mountaineering opportunities in the area
- There are many trails for hiking and biking
- There are spectacular panoramic views
- This is a great location for wildlife viewing
- Fishing is a fun area activity