Wells Gray Provincial Park
Wells Gray Provincial Park covers over 5000 square km of pure wilderness. Located near Clearwater, BC, the park is located in the North Thompson Okanagan, along the Yellowhead Highway 5 and links Jasper Alberta to Kamloops BC. For many visitors, Wells Gray is the perfect stop on their travels between BC and Alberta.
Wells Gray park is a world-class destination for canoeing, rafting, kayaking, fly-fishing, hiking and wilderness adventure. It is the perfect vacation location for discovering the sheer beauty of British Columbia nature and wilderness.
Within one park you will wander lush alpine meadows and majestic forests. You can fish a big lake or paddle a river. You are surrounded by the Caribou Mountains. Wells Gray Provincial Park provides visitors with the true essence of British Columbia and Canada.
Wells Gray Provincial Park is just one hour’s drive from Alpine Meadows Resort.
Highlights of Wells Gray Park
- The park is known for its impressive waterfalls
- Enjoy a scenic float down the North Thompson River
- Get a nature rush on a white water rafting adventure
- Surround yourself with nature as you hike or bike the many trails
- Discover the area on a gentle horseback riding trail ride
- Catch your dinner as you fish one of the area’s lakes or rivers
- Glimpse wildlife in their natural environment
- There are many short, easy walks from the main road that lead to impressive lookouts
- Murtle Lake, located within the park, is world famous as the largest non-motorized, paddle-only lake in North America.
For more information Visit WellsGray.ca